Salvia hispanica is a 1 metre high herb that was first grown in the mountain parts of Central America. Already Maya people and Aztecs ate chia seeds more than five thousand years ago. Aztecs are said to have even used them as means of payment.
- Within 20 minutes, chia seeds can absorb liquid of up to 10 times their weight
- As for the liquid, you can use not only water, but also fruit juice, plant-based drink or animal milk
- A chia seeds gel can be used instead of eggs
- Chia pudding with fruit agar
- Yeast bread with chia
- Blueberry marmalade with chia seeds and raisins
- Green smoothie
- Chia cookies
- Pumpkin spread with chia
- Lemon muffins with chia seeds
- Chia juice
CompositionChia seeds* (Salvia hispanica). May contain traces of gluten, peanuts, soy, nuts and sesame. *product of controlled organic farming
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C and relative humidity up to 70%.