- Breakfast porridge
- Thickening - corn flour is an ideal option for thickening soups or sauces
- Covering - corn flour is also perfect for covering
- Dumplings, halušky - corn flour is also a perfect ingredient to use when preparing cooked side dishes
- Pastry - you can use corn flour to prepare bread or muffins, we recommend combining corn flour with wheat one
- Tortillas - 1 cup of corn flour, 1/2 cup of water, salt, make dough, form until the dough is thin and bake on a pan in oil
Corn is a plant of that can grow up to six meters. It originally comes from the South America, where it has been grown for over 5,000 years. Corn has spread to Europe with Columbus from local Indians. Today, corn is - after wheat and rice - the most cultivated cereal in the world. In Bohemia we can find it in the fields of South Moravia.
Corn is also used as a feed, as an ingredient for the production of sugar, oil and starch. Some corn species are grown as vegetables. In the food industry, corn is used for the production of corn flakes, flour, corn meal or porridge. Corn is a valuable source of food especially in developing countries.
CompositionCorn. May contain traces of gluten, peanuts, soybeans, nuts and sesame.
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C and relative humidity up to 70%.