- Delicacy -almonds are delicious just to eat them as such, you can also serve them along with a hot beverage
- Peeled - just steam almonds shortly in a pot and the skin can be easily peeled, you can then use the peeled almonds to prepare almond milk or to roast them in a pan
- Baking - you can add crushed almonds into a dough and enrich it so with a delicately nutty flavour, whole almonds taste delicious in strudels for example
- Cookies - you can coat almonds in melted chocolate, you can also use them to decorate finished baked cookies or crush them to prepare almond rolls along with blended dates, carob and coconut
- Smoothie - do not be afraid to add almonds into your favourite smoothie
- Moroccan Amlou spread - mix the completely blended almonds with argan oil, flavour with honey
- Couscous - cut almonds and add them into both sweet or salty couscous
- Turrón - to prepare the traditional Spanish Christmas dessert: add peeled grounded almonds along with lemon peel into a pot with melted honey and sugar, add egg white whipped into a thick foam, mix and pour the mixture on a baking tin and let stiffen (300 g of almonds, 100 g of sugar, 250 g of honey)
Almonds are actually seeds of the almond tree stone that was originally grown in North Africa and West Asia. Nowadays, it is grown mainly in Europe in the subtropics. The almond tree grows up to the height of 5 meters and blooms with a beautiful pink flower. It is related to apricots and peaches. If you cut the apricot stone, you will find a seed that looks like an almond and can even be eaten. From one tree you can get up to 60 kg of almonds.
Almonds are not used only as a food, they are also used in the cosmetics industry. Cold-pressed oil is obtained from almonds, which is then added to cosmetic products such as creams. In confectionery, almonds are used not only to decorate, but they a typical marzipan is made from them as well.
Organic food always goes through a system of checks and certifications that ensures their quality and enables them to bear this designation. Their organic quality is particularly appreciated by people with an interest in organic farming and a sustainable farming system.
CompositionALMOND seeds*. May contain traces of gluten and nut fruits. *product of controlled organic farming
Store at temperatures up to 25 °C and a relative humidity up to 75%. Do not expose to direct sunlight.