- Porridge - you can modify your classic pea porridge recipe by replacing pea with chickpea
- Soup - by blending chickpea and vegetable broth, you will get a delicious cream soup, which can be smoothened by a cream alternative, do not be afraid to put whole chickpeas even to classic vegetable or mushroom soups
- Rissoles - blend legumes, add spices, herbs, an egg and flour, form shapes of rissoles and fry from both sides
- Sauces - chickpeas taste great in sauce dishes as a meat substitute
- Thickening - blended chickpea will thicken your soup and sauces
- Salads - cooked and cooled chickpea can make a tasty ingredient of your salad
- Roasting - roast chickpeas in the oil until crunchy (10-20 minutes), add seasoning while cooking, ideal as a dainty or instead of chips
- Chickpea moussaka
- Chickpea carobella
It is necessary to pre-soak chickpea for at least four hours, ideally up to eight hours. According to the pre- soaking time, chickpea is then cooked for 2-3 hours. In a pressure cooker, chickpea is prepared in 40 minutes. Soak chickpea in salty water, because it will get soft more quickly. Salt improves its taste and cooking evenness. After cooking, you can use the water to whisk it into solid snow as you do it with egg whites. The obtained snow can then be used for baking or for vegan option of meringues.
Chickpeas are obtained from a plant called Cicer arietinum. It was domesticated 7,000 years ago in the area around Turkey and Syria. Today it is mainly grown and used in India. The fruit of the plant is a pod with up to ten spherical seeds of yellowish colour. It is the third most widely grown legume in the world just right after pea and common bean.
This product will be appreciated primarily by consumers with an interest in organic farming and a sustainable farming system. Organic food always goes through a system of checks and certifications that ensures their quality and enables them to bear this designation.
CompositionChickpeas*. May contain traces of gluten, peanuts, soy, nuts and sesame. *product of controlled organic farming
Store at relative humidity up to 70%. Protect from sunlight.