- Soups - add lentils into a vegetable soup or blend it into a smooth cream with a lot of hot water, season the soup with garlic and chilli, you will make the soup smell and taste exotic by adding coconut milk and turmeric
- Porridge - just blend the cooked lentils, you can eventually add hot water for a smoother consistency, season
- Spread - blended lentils and millet will together make a delicious spread
- Thickening - you can use cooked lentils to thicken goulash or other vegetable pot dishes
- Risotto - combining lentils with bulgur and other classic ingredients that are normally added to risotto, you will create a delicious and easy to prepare meal
- Sweet cooking - blend lentils with cream and a banana and you will have a meal popular particularly among children
- Salad - cooled cooked lentils can be added into a cold salad, it suits great to broccoli and rice for example
- Hash browns - cooled cooked lentils can be combined with herbs, garlic, chilli, red onion and pour it all with rice flour, form into a shape of hash browns and fry on a pan
Red lentils are free of peel, so they do not cause flatulence other legumes. After cooking, lentils always get very soft, almost mushy. You can not prevent lentils from becoming soft, take it as an advantage and prepare a porridge or a soup from it.
Since the seeds are not whole, red lentils can not germinate. Although we call the lentils red, they are rather orange, even yellow after being cooked. If you want the lentils to be red, cook them with curry or turmeric.
Red lentils comes from Turkey and has gradually spread to the whole Asia and nowadays also to Europe. In our country, however, the foodstuff to prepare dishes is still little bit exotic. It is particularly popular in India, where the red lentils replace meat on the plate because a large part of the Indian population is vegetarian. The plant that yields lentils is about 40 cm high and its seeds are found in the pods.
CompositionRed lentils. May contain traces of gluten.
Store at temperatures up to 25 °C and relative humidity up to 70%.