- Cashew nut butter - roast the cashew nuts and blend them, you can leave the butter taste neutral and use it to thicken sauces, you can also sweeten the cashew nut butter with a syrup and spread it on pastry
- Cookies - mix blended cashew nuts with blended dried fruit and carob and roll the mixture into balls, which then cover in grated coconut
- Ice cream - roughly chopped cashew nuts, frozen bananas, honey and cream will make a perfect ice cream when combined, just blend everything together
- Pesto - blend fresh basil, garlic, salt, oil and cashew nuts
- Soups - roughly chopped cashew nuts will be a great decoration of soups on a plate
- Breakfast - cashew nuts can enrich your favourite breakfast muesli or porridge
- Asian cuisine - no matter if you prepare Asian noodles with tofu, fried rice or curry, cashew nuts will always be a great ingredient to be added into any of those dishes
- Desserts - cold or baked, cashew nuts fit perfectly into a dough, creams or simply sprinkle prepared meals with them
- Risotto, couscous - chop the pre-soaked cashew nuts and add them into a vegetable risotto or couscous
- Salads - both fruit and vegetable salads are ideal candidates for adding cashew nuts
- Spreads - blend pre-soaked cashew nuts with legumes or vegetables, cashew nuts are good for example with carrots
- Beverages - cashew nuts in the form of butter will enrich your classic smoothie
The taste of cashew nuts is sweeter and less intense than the one of peanuts or walnuts. Therefore, they suit perfectly for meals where only a slight nutty taste is desired.
To make cashew nuts even more delicious, you can pre-soak them before eating. Pre-soak cashew nuts in water for 2 hours and they will be much tastier, almost as freshly peeled. If you do not have that much time, even several minutes will make cashew nuts to be digested easier. After spilling the water, always store pre-soaked cashew nuts in a refrigerator only.
Another possible preparation of cashew nuts is roasting. Put a baking tin with spread cashew nuts In the oven pre-heated at 180 ° C and roast them for 5-15 minutes. During this time, mix the cashew nuts occasionally. Even roasting significantly increases digestibility of the nuts, but makes the cashew nuts taste more intense.
Cashew nuts grow on a 12-meter-high tree called Cashew tree. The tree grows in the tropics and comes from Brazil. The fruit of the tree is called ''cashew apple'' and there are edible achenes inside of it, which we know as cashew nuts.
CompositionCASHEW NUTS 33%. May contain traces of gluten, peanuts, other nuts, sesame and sulphur dioxide.
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C and relative humidity up to 70%.